The PDF format is becoming the preferred format for transferring documents between students and teachers, thereby increasing the need for PDF editors. However, many PDF editing programs don’t allow editing PDF files online.
In this article, we have listed the best PDF editors for students that are convenient to use, allow to edit PDF online, have a user-friendly interface, speed of work, and most importantly, thanks to PDF annotator students can get comments about their work in the document itself.
Free PDF editor for teachers online is a good solution when quick actions with limited functionality are required. For example, they usually allow inserting text, commenting, splitting, and converting it to other formats.
The number of functions depends on the particular editor: some have more, others have less. In some cases, the editors are free, but the developer’s watermark is automatically added to the document pages. Here is our ranking of the top 7 free online PDF editors:
- Lumin PDF
- Adobe Acrobat
- Sejda PDF
- Soda PDF
Lumin PDF is an excellent PDF editor that tops our list. It is a worthy competitor to Adobe Acrobat, considered the industry standard for editing PDF files. This convenient PDF editor is available in a free online version with essential PDF editing solutions. At the same time, the paid version offers a good balance of convenience and functionality compared to other PDF editors.
Lumin PDF boasts many essential features, including annotating, editing, converting PDFs to other formats, adding signatures, and filling out PDF forms. This PDF editor for students provides a complete solution to editing PDF files.
- Lumin PDF has the same features as Adobe Acrobat, thus being the best PDF editor in usability and functionality;
- The simple design of this program provides a user-friendly interface for both beginners and professionals.
- Limited features of the PDF editor free trial.
There is no doubt that Adobe Acrobat PDF editor sets the pace in the PDF editing segment and is regarded as one of the best tools for online PDF editing.
However, it is important to note that PDF editing tasks are not only a PDF tool for students and teachers but also for large enterprises, individuals, and small businesses where the cost of software can be critical. However, Adobe is still a great PDF editor with top-notch features to convert, edit, and annotate files.
- One of the best PDF editors with great features;
- Easy to use and equipped with a user-friendly interface.
- Not an optimal solution for individuals and businesses due to its cost
Sejda PDF is another online PDF editor for students from our list, packed with impressive features. With this program, you can easily edit any PDF file online. In addition to editing PDFs, Sejda also allows you to add a signature to PDFs, add comments, links, create fillable PDF forms, and edit content in PDFs.
- Ability to edit multiple documents;
- No restrictions on the time of use.
- The user interface is inconvenient to use.
This is another PDF text editor that allows you to edit PDF files online. Apart from the editing function, Soda PDF can also perform other functions including merging, splitting, annotating, converting to other formats, signing, and sharing PDFs, making it an ideal PDF annotator for students.
- Allows to work with scanned PDF files
- The online version has limited features
This is another handy PDF editor free for students. You don’t need to download and install the program on your PC as everything is done online. PDFFiller allows you to rotate, crop, delete or extract pages from documents, as well as extract text and images from selected PDF files. This editor also has the ability to check the spelling.
- Easy process for uploading and editing files.
- Clear instructions.
- There is no function to create PDF files;
- The editor does not guarantee the security and confidentiality of documents, as all actions are performed online.
This PDF reader and writer may not be as well known, but we add it to our list of PDF editors for students free.
Smallpdf is also an online PDF editor that allows you to edit, remove individual pages from a file, merge multiple PDF files, split them into multiple parts, or add notes, photos, comments, and images. You can also protect the file with a password.
- Lots of features available without download;
- Allows conversion of pdf to jpg files;
- Easy to use interface.
- Internet connection required;
- Only two PDF files can be processed in one hour.
PDFescape is a completely free online editor with many features. The editor allows choosing the size, font type, color, bold text, and underline effects, draw and add comments are available. The editor also allows you to create PDFs from scratch, upload your files online or insert URLs from the Internet. After editing is complete, the PDF file can be downloaded to a PC without having an account.
- All necessary functions are available for simple online editing;
- Allows to add text and images;
- Deleting and adding pages.
- Can’t edit existing text;
- Editing large PDF files is not supported;
- Allows to add up to 100 pages, up to 10 MB.
In this article, we reviewed the seven best free PDF editors for students, highlighting the advantages and disadvantages of each program. So now you can select the right PDF editor to work with PDF files online.
Each editing program may work differently, depending on the purpose of working with specific PDF documents. As a result, you may have to use several free editors to complete all the edits with PDF files. The best PDF editors are listed above, selecting among them, you are guaranteed to be satisfied.
Visit Here also blogjunta.com