Burning is a term that is used when we try to copy items including pictures, music, and videos from a PC to a blank DVD or CD so if you are trying to find the Best free burning software then this article is for you. We’ll also guide you on how you can easily burn a DVD so stay connected!
An external software to burn a DVD is not always required, if you are using Windows 10 then you can do it with built-in DVD burning software. However, if you still want the Best free burning software then you can try Cisdem DVD Burner, DVDFab DVD Creator, AnyBurn, BurnAware, Movavi Video Suite, CDBurnerXP, and others. Let’s learn how you can do that!
Important details about burning a DVD:
DVD burning is becoming quite popular and its demand is increasing day by day, therefore, there are numerous software available to do it. If you are trying to burn a DVD, make sure to choose dual-layer burners as they have the capability to burn up to 8.5 GB of DVDs. DVD-R is the best option for videos but avoid using MiniDVDs.
It is important to utilize the right software for burning a DVD otherwise you won’t be able to do it correctly. These software help you to copy and store data on DVD efficiently, you can download any of the best free burning software from the internet. You can also try Cisdem DVD Burner as it allows you to burn videos in high quality.
As CDs and DVDs are available in two types: R and RW, you can choose any one according to your requirements as they both serve different special purposes. Mostly, DVD-R discs are used for one-time backup, however, if you wish to burn it up and then erase it after some time then you can choose DVD-RW disc.
Method of Burning a DVD:
We’ll show you a basic DVD burning method for both Mac and PC, so follow the steps below but first make sure you have burning software installed. If not, then download the best free burning software from the internet and install it on your computer. You can also use a Windows media player to burn data.
Burning a DVD on Windows:
- The first step is to insert the DVD and wait for the options to appear on your screen.
- Now, you will be required to select the files you want to burn and then send them to DVD from the popup menu by right-clicking.
- After that, add files on the hard drive from different folders.
- Now go to “My computer” and click on the DVD to open it and then select the option “Write these files to DVD” from the file menu.
- Now you will be required to select the name of your DVD when a window pop up on your screen.
- Wait for the process to be completed and when all the files are copied onto DVD, the DVD will be ejected.
- You will be asked to burn it again on a different DVD, but if you don’t want to burn another DVD then simply click on Finish.
- You are now ready to use it with any other DVD player; however, keep in mind that not all DVD players support burned DVDs, so keep that in mind before concluding that the process did not work.
Burning a DVD on Mac:
- First, insert a DVD you want to burn and then name it when a window appears on your screen. Click ok to proceed further.
- Now select the files from your device you wish to copy on DVD and drag them to the DVD icon.
- After that, click on the DVD icon in which you dragged the files and drag it as well to your Dock’s “Trash.”
- You will see that the icon is replaced by a Burn symbol.
- In this step, you can select the name of your DVD if you haven’t done it at the start. Now, click on ok to process further.
- Once you click OK, the burning process will start, wait for it to complete and then drag it back to the Trash icon, which has now become an eject icon.
- If you are doing it for the first time or you are unsure about following this method, you can confirm the burning of the DVD by inserting it into another computer.
Burning a DVD is not difficult if you use the right software and method; however, there are a few things to keep in mind while carrying out the process described above. We hope you found this article helpful!
Read more interesting articles at Blog Junta