If you are a project management professional (PMP), you need to check out the benefits that the PMP certification can bring to your career. So, read the text to the end and stay well informed on the subject.
Likewise, we will likewise make sense of how the PMP functions, how to get the PMP accreditation and furthermore give a few inquiries regarding the matter, to test your insight. That is, here is everything you need to know to build a successful foundation for your profession in the area.
Benefits of PMP certification
So without further ado, let’s get to the benefits of PMP certifications for the project management professional. We are certain that subsequent to checking every one of them, you will be persuaded to acquire an affirmation. Just keep reading!
Check it out below!
- The first benefit is that the project management certifications indicate that the professional has all the experience and knowledge necessary to be a project manager. Along these lines, it is feasible to be out in front of rivals in the gig market.
- Opens up new networking opportunities in the area. Networking is nothing more than a network of professional contacts, it is important for the professional to keep up to date, talking to other colleagues in the area. In addition, new projects, ideas and job opportunities can be born from these conversations.
- Demonstrates professional seriousness, after all, the professional is going after targeted knowledge.
- It is the credential for a profession considered new. After all, managing projects has become a profession that uses protocols, as well as specific methodologies and practices based not only on experience, but also on research. Therefore, the project manager differs from the functional manager.
- Provides salary improvements. After all, certified project management professionals consistently earn more significant salaries compared to non-certified colleagues.
What is PMP certification?
So, now let’s go to what PMP certification is. The acronym stands for Project Management Professional and this certification is within the PMI certifications, and we can say that the PMP certification is the gold standard of project management certificates.
So, the PMP certificate is recognized and demanded by organizations around the world, it validates the competence of professionals to play the role of project manager, leading and directing projects and teams. Therefore, before starting the search for a preparation for PMP certification, it is necessary to know that you must meet the following prerequisites:
- Have completed high school, it will be necessary to present a high school diploma, associate degree or the global equivalent;
- Have at least 7,500 hours of proven leadership and project management;
- And also have 35 hours of project management training OR CAPM certification
But, on the other hand, if you already have a four-year degree, you will need to show proof of only 4,500 hours of leadership and project management and 35 hours of project management training or CAPM certification. Are you now interested in applying the certifications?