If you have a wide nose or a low bridge and want to improve these facial features, your plastic surgeon may recommend a nose thread lift.
Rhinoplasty can lift the nose to give it the perfect shape or projection you want. Generally speaking, the thread your plastic surgeon chooses for a nose thread lift will depend on factors such as the lifting effect you like and how long you want to see the result.
Is the nose thread lift permanent?
If you are an ideal candidate for a nose lift, you will need about 30 minutes to get an improved and clearer nose and the ideal lift you want.
The plastic surgeon will embed a special thread under the skin of your nose to immediately lift it and leave a tightening or lightening effect, thus masking the original appearance of your nose and making it straighter and more pointed.
- Material of thread:
Depending on the thread material used, the thread can stay on your skin from 6 months to more than two years. For example, polydioxane (PDO) thread will completely dissolve in your system within 6 to 8 months.
Polylactic acid (PLLA) thread will stay in your system for approximately 18 months, while polycaprolactone (PCL) and polylactic acid/caprolactone (P (LA / CL)) threads will stay in your system for 18 months respectively and dissolve completely over 24 months.
After the strands dissolve, your nose will remain in a raised position for a while before you can repeat the treatment. For example, if you use PDO threads, your nose will remain in that elevated position for another 8 to 12 months after the string breaks.
Now, if you are impressed with the new look after the nose line has been raised, you will need maintenance to extend the effect. For example, if your surgeon uses a PDO lift, you will be required to receive maintenance treatment 9 months after your first treatment. Therefore, the elevation of the nose line is not permanent.
Will my nose look fake after thread lift?
As with most cosmetic treatments, there are some misunderstandings about nose thread lift surgery, which can be extremely misleading. One of the most common misconceptions you may encounter is that after this treatment, your nose will look fake.
This is what happens when flossing; it will straighten your nose and make it stronger. It does not look fake but is natural with an ideal projection. Comparing the nose thread lift before and after pictures will help you decide its appearance.
- Right surgeons to choose:
In inexperienced hands, the chance of encountering complications is greatly increased. Therefore, if you want to achieve the best results, you must work with a well-trained and experienced plastic surgeon or dermatologist.
It is even more important to work with a fully qualified plastic surgeon because the sutures used in the nasal floss lift cannot be removed without surgery. This is due to the gear design of the suture screw.
- If you find the appearance unbearable:
Therefore, if the results you get are not very attractive, you may have to wait for the threads to break down naturally in your system. If you find the appearance unbearable, your best option is to carefully remove them from under the skin through surgery.
You can compare nose thread lift before and after images to check the effectiveness of the results.
How do you prepare for the nose thread lift?
Preparing for nasal flossing is not rocket science. The following is an overview of how to prepare for the nose line lift.
- Keep an eye on your medications-if you are dealing with skin conditions when you are considering stretching your nose, be sure to tell your provider because medications can affect your treatment. Your condition is also at risk of getting worse, so it can be helpful to notify the plastic surgeon so that he can advise you on what to do accordingly.
- Drinking alcohol can increase the risk of bruising after the nose line is lifted. Therefore, if you drink alcohol, you should stop drinking about 7 days before treatment.
- You can bathe or shower on your scheduled treatment date. However, you should not wear makeup during treatment. Ideally, if you use any cosmetics, you should remove your makeup before treatment.
- It is also recommended that you limit the stressor before treatment. It is important to avoid emotional and physical stressors before treatment. Due to treatment, stressors can increase your body’s response to trauma.
Nose thread lift is not permanent but you can have long-term results. For effective results, you have to go for maintenance after recommended periods.