Want to boost an Instagram post, but have no idea where to start? We’ve got your back. Here are a few tips to help you get started on promoting your content in a way that works best for you and your business.
1.Use Instagram-specific features
Instagram is a great place to share your business’s content. But if you want more people to see it, there are a few things you need to know about how to optimize your Instagram posts for success.
2. Think about your target audience
Promote Instagram posts using the platform’s features, from Stories to Reels to Live. Not only will this help you reach more people, but it will also help you get the most out of your time on the platform!
Before you promote your Instagram post, take a step back and think about the audience you want to target on Instagram.
- Who is your target audience?
- What are their interests?
- What do they want?
- Do they have kids or pets?
- Are they in a specific location?
- Do they have any preferences on what posts they want to see from you?
Are there any keywords in the caption or bio that will help them find you? If so, make sure those words are in there! You can also use hashtags to help them find your content.
Think of ways to attract their attention. Are there images that inspire them? Are there colors that relate to something they might be interested in? If so, make sure they’re included!
3. Promote carousel posts
We’re talking about creating a carousel post—a collection of images or videos that you can use to entice users to swipe left and keep scrolling. And we’ve got some tips for how to do it right!
First off, start with a call to action. This can be as simple as asking your audience questions like “Do you want to learn more?” or as powerful as “Click here to take this quiz!”
Next, ensure that your first slide gives them something to see and click on. It doesn’t matter what it is—make sure there’s something there for them to get excited about! If they like it, they’ll swipe left and check out the rest of your content.
Finally, keep in mind that if you’re using videos or images instead of text for your first slide, you might want to include some description or description text (like “Video: [your video link]”). Hence, people know what they’re getting into when they open up that first slide.
4. Promote your best posts
Image and video quality is an important part of the Instagram user experience and a major ranking factor in the Instagram algorithm. If you want your content to be discovered and seen by more people, your images and videos need to be as good as possible.
Here are some tips for getting better photos and videos on Instagram:
- Take lots of photos—but take them deliberately. If you’re taking a lot of photos, you’ll make sure that each one is good enough to post on its own. You’ll also learn what works (and doesn’t work) for your audience.
- Edit carefully—but don’t overdo it! Playing with filters or actions is okay, but don’t get carried away with them! You want people to be able to tell what’s happening in each photo without having to look at it too long—and too much editing can make that difficult for users.
3. Don’t forget about lighting! If you’re not sure what kind of lighting works best for your photos (or if you just want more natural-looking light), try using a lightbox or diffuser instead of a flash when taking pictures outdoors.